SAIZEN CARTRIDGE, 6MG/1.03ML, INJ.CARTRID.
This medication is typically used to stimulate growth. It requires a few months to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously):
- clean the tip of the pen with an alcohol swab and attach a needle;
- select the required dose;
- clean the skin at the injection site with an alcohol swab;
- pinch the skin and inject the medication into the fold (wait several days before injecting the same site again).
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause pain at the injection site;
- it may cause muscle pain;
- it may cause numbness and a decreased sensitivity to touch;
- it may cause joint pain;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause leg swelling or water retention.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. After its first use, discard any unused portion after 28 days. Keep it out of reach of young children.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.